Saturday, September 27, 2014

Reflection for Septemer 27, 2014

"But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."(Matthew 24:36)

One of the most important tools in living life these days is some form of colander.  A day to day planner with hours is even better.  Sometimes we even have them now on our phones or other electronic devices.

I would forget appointments if I didn't write them down.  I'd probably double book myself.  It also helps me to use the unhooked time better when I can see the day laid out.  I like to keep some flexibility but some structure is essential.  This was especially true when the boys were home.

But there is much in life that cannot be scheduled. There are things that can be placed in ranges of time, yet the more significant moments, the truly life changing ones we only see in hindsight, and usually can't prepare.

I find it amusing that there are people out there who claim to know when Jesus will return.  Did they not read the Bible?  Only one person, God, knows when the event will occur, and he isn't talking.  I figure it is because he knows human nature.  How we would begin to prepare maybe a day ahead but perhaps only a few minutes.  So by keeping us in suspense it helps us to keep our focus on doing what we should be doing.

I may pass away before Christ returns.  But in the meanwhile I will keep doing what I would hope to be found doing, should it be today

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment