Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reflection for 1/24/13

"I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."(Romans 7:15)

Inner struggles are certainly not unique to Paul. I can fully relate to this line with my constant struggle with my weight.  I know exactly what I have to do. I know how to do it.  I deeply want to weigh less and yet, it takes only one potato chip and I'm in full eating mode.  I can even name the sin, gluttony combined with acedia.  Deadly for sure.

There are other aspects of my life, that when I put them in list form or decide to truly focus I get amazing results.  So much accomplished and a feeling of real joy.  And yet there are those times when I look for almost anything else to do except for the things that need to get done.  I don't understand why I avoid things, but when I finally do them I kick myself for not seeing how little time it actually took.

I haven't met too many folk who don't fight with their own to do lists or inner struggles.  For me I find myself at least reminding myself that I can with God's help, and thanks be to God for that help and patience with me.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment