Monday, January 28, 2013

Reflection for 1/28/2013

"Because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in you heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."(Romans 10:9)

There are very few things in this world that make my blood boil.  Someone attacking verbally any member of my family is one, and another is a fellow Christian questioning my faith.  I'll admit these things don't happen often, probably why I don't get really mad very often, but it has happened.

The last time that I remember it occurring was in the parking lot of a local supermarket.  A fellow Christian decided I needed to be evangelized.  I guess he hadn't made his quota yet.  He didn't witness to me about his own faith, that I could have taken, but instead attacked mine, that I don't put up with.  In his estimation I was not saved.  What he really meant was that since I didn't see it his way or go to his church I wasn't saved.

But how are we saved?  The above quote is an answer to that question it is about confessing our faith, audibalizing as it were and believing in one's heart.

I've always been good with the second part.  I've gotten much better over time with the first part.  While I will never be someone who rams my faith down other people's throats, I won't hesitate to state where my allegiance is if I am asked.  And much like Mary I treasure and ponder in my heart many things about Jesus, including his resurrection.

I also know that I find that I much more prefer to put my faith into actions of service for others, because Jesus is my Lord and because God raised him from the dead, and because I am called to be his witness and servant here in my day and place.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment