Saturday, January 2, 2016

Reflection for January 2, 2016

"And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route."(Matthew 2:12)

When I take a trip these days I use an app on my phone called Waze.  It is a GPS type app, but it also utilizes information provided by other drivers.  I find it interesting that it has from time to time taken back to a familiar place by a route I would not have chosen.  That I have driven the same way to some places for many years can be a little disorienting when you have to go a different way.

Any journey through life including faith often takes turns we don't expect and sometimes we have to get to our destinations through ways that are not always familiar.  The most important thing is of course that we arrive where we had hoped.  How we get there is what seems to change.  And sometimes the change is the very thing we need to reach our goal.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment