Monday, November 1, 2010

Reflections for 11/1/10

"When you talk negatively you invest in your negativism. You justify it, and it becomes harder to avoid. The most nasty and irrational judgments I have received from people have often followed upon a negative bull-session."(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 356)

It has been my experience that when I'm feeling negative that just about every aspect of my life follows down that path. It is also true that when I'm feeling positive about something, many other parts of life follow suit as well.

I generally try to keep a positive outlook, but I'm not always successful. It is usually when I can feel the negativism taking over every aspect that I hit the brakes and begin to ask myself what's really going on. Is my angry response in proportion to the situation? If not what else is going on?

I often find that what I may be presenting as the negative problem is really masking something else.

I also know that when the negativity comes off of a meeting it's best to not bring it home. Why does my family deserve to be sucked into that mire to which they had no role in.

We all know when we've been around truly negative people, it's quite draining. When we are fortunate enough to be around positive people, folks who see things as good and possible, the world is a radically different place.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment