Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reflections for 11/13/10

"Love is a practical decision to act on what is-and for what is."(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 368)

Love is certainly a word that gets used a lot. It is often spontaneously blurted out. It sometimes takes a while to develop. It is certainly something that when absent from our lives, leaves a fairly nasty mark.

Certainly when I love someone or something, there is very little that I won't do for them. Even though Meatloaf sang that he "would do anything for love, but he wouldn't do that," I have yet to figure what "that" is when it comes to people I love.

I try not to delay when acting on something that will affect those that I love. Those people, places and things are what are in my present. They are what call for me to do something for them, out of love.

I certainly have experienced that love is a choice. Just as much as hate is a choice. I know which choice usually works out better for me.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment