Thursday, August 8, 2013

Reflection for August 8, 2013

"When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream."(Psalm 126 vs.1)

The lottery ads tell me that all I need is a dollar and a dream.  I then could possibly have a fairly sizable financial fortune.  Maybe this would be a dream come true.  Part of me thinks it would be a nightmare.

What do you dream of.  Is it about a better tomorrow?  Or is it more about a restoration of what once was?

Personally I have both kinds.  Though I'd say I dream more about the future than I do about restoring the past.  That may be because my past is fine and there's nothing from it I'd truly like back.  But that may not be true for everyone.

There are moments in life that feel like a dream come true.  Usually when something terrific happens to us.  Thank God for those moments.  But I also know that some dreams don't get fulfilled.  Some restorations don't happen.  And even in those disappointments, those laments of what once was but can't be again or for those missed opportunities that aren't coming again, I too have to be like one who dreams, one who hopes and one who keeps moving forward.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment