Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Reflection for April 15, 2014

"Those who trust will not panic."(Isaiah 28:16)

Today is tax so around this country lots of people were scrambling to get their taxes in the mail.  Perhaps they were panicking that they couldn't find all the documentation they needed. Worried about owing money, or potentially being audited.

I had to do mine early due to having to apply for Financial Aid, so today wasn't a panic day for me.

Actually I don't often panic.  I try very hard to keep an even keel.  I'm sure I've had my moments.  There was at least one involving a camper coming off it's hitch at 70 miles an hour, but I may have been justified in that panic.

The funny thing was that even in that momentary panic, something calmed me down enough so that the car didn't flip and minimal damage occurred.  Perhaps it really is about trusting in God's presence with me.

When I've been in situations where people seem anxious or are panicking I try to be that calming presence, I try to put my trust in God's grace and love.  I wonder what it says about folks who claim a belief in God and yet seem so anxious, so fearful, so panicky about everything.

If we truly did trust with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, panic would be the furthest thing from our heart, soul and mind.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment