Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Reflection for February 18, 2015

"Forgiveness is granted: they need only the wisdom to accept it and repent."(Reflections for Ragamuffins February 18)

There are many things in life that are hard to accept.  Bad things happening to good people.  Children getting sick and dying.  I sometimes find it hard to accept a compliment.  But I'm working on it.  I've learned to just say thank you.

I wonder if I'd have the same problem accepting forgiveness?  If I had done something so wrong that it needed to be forgiven, would the overwhelming sense of remorse get in the way of hearing, and then accepting any forgiveness offered. 

I would hope so, because in order to truly change, to repent, I would have to make the space to accept the forgiveness which is always the first step in actually turning things around.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment