Saturday, February 7, 2015

Reflection for February 7, 2015

"It takes time for the water to settle. Coming to the interior stillness requires waiting. Any attempt to hasten the process only stirs up the water anew."(Reflections for Ragamuffins February 7)

There are certainly times when I have felt like I'm caught in very turbulent waters.  Where so much is happening all at once that I almost feel like I'm going under.  But when I take time and try not to control everything all at once, it gives the least important things a chance to settle down and be given their proper place in my priorities. 

And sometimes when I just let things alone for a while, that inner stillness does show up. But if I decide I need to have complete control and keep struggling to balance all these things it is amazing how fast the turbulence comes back, because I'm actually the one stirring things up.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment