Sunday, February 8, 2015

Reflection for February 8, 2015

"Our sincere desire counts far more than any specific success or failure."(Reflections for Ragamuffins February 8)

Hey at least you gave it your best shot.  Sometimes that is the words I will use when talking myself through a failed attempt.  If I can look myself in the face and say you did all you could do and you wanted it then nothing else matters.

I wish that were 100% true but it isn't.  I can feel just as exasperated when I fail especially when I wanted to succeed and can't find out what went wrong.  Yet the call is to keep striving.  If something works out I suppose that's icing on the cake.  And certainly in those times when something has gone according to my heart's desire, I know and can celebrate it.  But again I'm not called to cling to that success.

How badly I desire something worthwhile and how many setbacks and accomplishment am I willing to endure and or enjoy to arrive?

Blessings.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment