Saturday, January 2, 2016

Reflection for January 1, 2016

"Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness, was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."(Genesis 1:2)

It has been quite some time since I've written one of my reflections.  I had big changes in my life and in the adjustment to that change I fell out of habit.  One resolution that I've made is to be consistent with this blog.  So I'm starting the Bible Challenge again and will reflect on some verse out of the readings for that day. 

How appropriate to begin a new year with the first Chapter of Genesis.  Each new year brings with it the potential for something to happen. While some may have an idea what the new year has in store for them, most of us don't.  We may have hopes, but rarely certainties.  But no matter what the Spirit of God seems to be hovering.

While it is always best to take it one day at a time, I know that I am looking forward to a year that perhaps is a little more settled than last year.  But I also know that my hope is that at the end of most if not all days is that I can look back before shutting my eyes and say "it was good."

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment