Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Reflection for July 7, 2015

"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today."(Matthew 6:34)

Matthew 6 has always been one of my favorite chapters in the Bible.  It was hard to pick just one verse to reflect on.  This verse concludes the section about worrying.  Worrying is something all of us do.  We worry about ourselves, we worry about our families, we worry about our country, we worry about the world.

And while I'm not saying we should just be Alfred E Neumann about what is happening in and around us, I do wonder about how much time is wasted in worrying.  This is especially true when I worry about things I can do nothing about.  When I worry so much that it keeps me from doing anything. When I worry about something when I should be trying to go to sleep.  It is a very counter productive use of time.

I try to take things one day and one step at a time.  And I do find that there is enough going on each day to occupy my time in hopefully productive ways in addition to the usual concerns.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment