Friday, June 13, 2014

Reflection for June 13, 2014

"After this I looked, and there was a great multitude that no one could count from every nation, form all tribes and peoples and languages standing before the throne and before the Lamb, robed in white, with palm branches in their hands."(Revelation 7:9)

I have never personally been asked this, but I have heard that it happens, "are you part of the 144,000 sealed?"  It seems like such a funny question to me.  I understand where it comes from, Revelation chapter 7:1-8.  And that's a pretty big deal, only 144,00 chosen.  Though it would seem like a small number for two millennium.  Let's not forget that you also must come from one of the twelve tribes of Israel.  I again wish me luck figuring out which one. since I can barely get past the 16th century when looking at my family tree. 

I suppose if asked that question, probably by someone who believes they are, what makes them so sure? How do they know the quota hasn't been filled? Do they know which tribe they come from?

My assurance really comes from the hope of being part of the great multitude that no one could count!  The odds are in my favor, and the list keeps growing daily. 

I don't know what motivates people to ask questions that might actually exclude them as well.  I'd rather go with a vision of heaven and God's love that includes as many as want to be in.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment