Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Reflections for June 24, 2014

"In the second year of Nebuchadnezzar's reign, Nebuchadnezzar dreamed such dreams that his spirit was troubled and his sleep left him."(Daniel 2:1)

All of us dream.  It is an integral part sleeping.  We also day dream which is really just thinking.

There are times that I can recall dreams and still remember the gist of them.  The one that I know has repeated itself often involves going back to High School and trying to wrestle again.  I don't go back as a teenager but as an adult.  I don't know that the dream is a forewarning of something, I doubt it.  Probably more of a trying to come to grips with what could have been but will never be.

I certainly have had dreams that had me so worked up, that while I don't recall the details, I do remember either screaming in my dream to wake up, or just a voice reassuring me that it wasn't real during the dream itself.

Sometimes I've considered keeping a pad nearby so that when I wake up, I could write down what I was dreaming.  To date this has stayed as a day dream.

I am thankful that most of my dreams do not disturb me.  And that I rarely feel like they contain any prophesy for me.

I do know that I prefer the day time dreaming.  Now if only I could muster the courage to follow through on those dreams.

Blessings,
Ed

1 comment:

  1. Having learned the practice of remembering night dreams to recount them to a therapist, I have come to seriously respect the work of my night time brain, and suspect the intrusion of other messengers. I have less success interpreting my own dreams by myself, than working with someone trained in interpretation.

    ReplyDelete