Monday, June 23, 2014

Reflections for June 23, 2014

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."(Psalm 91:11)

You have probably heard someone say they have a "guardian angel."  Perhaps you feel you have one.   There's always been a fascination with angels.  A being that is closer to God than us, works for God and has been assigned to us.  Many a great movie has had an angel of some kind involved.

I once took a class at New Brunswick seminary and one of my classmates said that angels didn't exist because they weren't in the Bible.  I had one of those, "what did he just say moments," knowing full well that angels are found throughout the Bible.  I don't know if he was trying to make a different point, but I knew he was mistaken.

I've never said that I had a guardian angel, one specifically assigned to watch Ed.  I certainly have felt the presence of God in many ways throughout my life. No matter where I've gone, I've sensed not being alone.  I've also had times where hindsight has said, wow how did I avoid that?  Perhaps that also can be seen as angelic intervention.

I'm not going to dismiss folks who hold fast to their belief in angels.  Sometimes they come to us unaware, after all.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment