Monday, June 9, 2014

Reflection for June 9, 201

"I know your works, you are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were either cold or hot."(Revelation 3:15)

Unlike Billy Joel I don't tend to go to extremes.  I usually reside in the grey areas of life.  There are things that I am passionate about, but not usually at the expense of other things.  I try to remain consistent and even keeled as often as possible.

But this warning to the church in Laodicea, I may need to pay attention to.  You can't be lukewarm, a fence sitter all the time.  There are times and issues that demand our deepest most passionate response.  There are also times when we may be asked to let go to not cling to something at all.  But that sort of I have enough, no decision needs to be made today attitude may be nothing more than avoiding the harder work in front of me.

I don't wish to be "spit out."  There is a point when opportunity knocks and is waiting to see if I'll open the door or not.  It may be the right time to take a temperature and check for a pulse.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment