Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Reflection for June 18, 2014

"You have caused friend and neighbor to shun me, my companions are in darkness."(Psalm 88:18)

I have never personally been shunned.  I certainly have lost touch with people, but I can't recall anyone deliberately letting me know that we are no longer friends or neighbors.  Nobody crosses over to the other side of the street when they see me coming.

I can't imagine a more lonely feeling.  To be out and about in the world and have no one notice you and especially when you did have friends at one time.

I can picture calling out to God and asking why.  What could I have possibly done to deserve this treatment?  Interesting to me is how the psalmist sees this as being done to him by God.

I hope that I never shun anyone.  I try very hard to maintain my friendships.  If I am to proclaim that I believe in forgiveness of sins, then whatever might have led to shunning someone, needs to find a way to forgive.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment