Monday, March 18, 2013

Reflection for 3/18/13

"So that with the eyes of your heart enlightened."(Ephesians 1:18)

I've always liked this image of heart having eyes.  Perhaps it is because I tend to see things through those eyes.  I form my opinions that way.  When I see my wife, the eyes of my heart are definitely enlightened.  When I see the plight of others the eyes of my heart get enlightened.

When our heart's eyes see what is happening around us, we can get called to act.  A call to action in the service of others is the hope that Christ calls those of who profess faith in him to.  It aids in our seeing the beauty around us in the world and in others.

When we close the eyes of our heart, we become blind to the needs of others.  We can only then see what is wrong with the world and begin to lose hope.  I'm glad my heart's eyes stay open.  I see and understand so much better that way.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment