Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reflections for 3/6/13

"What you know, I also know. I am not inferior to you."(Job 13:2)

You gotta love Job. As beat up as he is, he still stands his ground.  His "friends" lecturing him left and right, and yet he still stands his ground.  That's confidence, not only in his own righteousness, but in his knowledge and love of God.

We may think it strange to question God or to be willing to risk that face to face with God, and yet that is exactly what Job is doing.

There are certainly people who are smarter than me out there.  There are also plenty of folks who are stronger than me physically.  And I will gladly acknowledge when someone knows more or can do more.  But I also can tell when someone is at least my equal.  And am willing to call their puffery when it is obvious.

I enjoy learning but I don't enjoy an unmerited bravado.  It took me a long time to not be intimidated by folks who were my equals. It makes it easier to be in the presence of smarter folks when you believe that you too also are smart.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment