Monday, February 9, 2015

Reflection for February 9, 2015

"There is no fear in love."(Reflections for Ragamuffins February 9, 2015)

I will have to admit that I spent most of elementary school feeling afraid.  I know I was loved by my parents and by God, it was the rest of the people that I encountered that had me afraid.  I had good reason, I was an easy target for bullies and had no knowledge of how to defend myself.  And eventually you get to a place where you begin to doubt the love of others.

However there came a turning point where love helped to cast out that fear.  How it happened isn't as important.  But the end result was a freedom to love others because I was no longer afraid.

Scripture tells us that perfect love casts out fear.  And by tapping into the love of God for me, it helped me to see and appreciate more the love that others had for me as well.

And when you're no longer afraid, you can take the risks necessary to extend love to others and to receive it back.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment