Monday, November 10, 2014

Reflection for November 10, 2014

"So you also, when you have done all that you were ordered to do say, 'We are worthless slaves; we have done only what we ought to have done.'"(Luke 17:10)

I'm trying to get back normal after a few days of vacation.  I will admit that this has been greatly hampered by feeling really worn down, and probably having a cold.

I'm trying to get done what I can do, and I know I should just be kind to myself and heal and rest.

But there's that part of me that wants to do more and yet can't find the energy at the moment.

I don't want to call myself worthless just because I've only done what I'm supposed to do, yet I know that I can get on my own case when I see others out doing me, or at least seeming to do so.  Maybe there are times when I go above and beyond, but it doesn't often feel that way.  I'd like to be more driven, in hyperdrive 24/7, but it just isn't me.

Perhaps I can from time to time, do a little more than is expected of me.  It may also be true that I already am doing it, but being my own worst critique, I fail to see anything but the minimum.

Blessings,
Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment