Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Reflection for November 19, 2014

"The Lord said to Joshua, 'Stand up! Why have you fallen on your face."(Joshua 7:10)

For the last couple of days my reflections have perhaps been a little melancholy.  Frankly that's where I was.  I wish I could say that things have taken a turn for the better, they haven't.  But last night as I went to bed after getting rejected yet again, something began to change for me.

I had been brought low, perhaps even to a metaphorical falling on my face. But as I lay down on the air mattress while spending the night with two homeless families being housed at a local church, I began to see my plight in a different way.  Perspective has a way to do that.

When the alarm went off, another day had dawned.  A day when I knew I would get to go home to a warm house.  I'd be greeted by a wife who loves me unconditionally.  And that this pity party I'd been engaging in, wasn't changing anything.

So this invitation to stand up, I accept!  Doesn't change the slump, but reminds me that the slump cannot be gotten out of if I'm lying down face first by my own choice.

So today back to trying, reminding myself that I'm still standing and it is a much more comfortable place to be and easier to see where you need to go.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment