Thursday, November 13, 2014

Reflection for November 13, 2014

"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live."(Deuteronomy 30:19)

Back in the 80's the band Wham had a video for their song "Wake me up before you go go."  In that video the singers sported white t-shirts with CHOOSE LIFE in black letters across the front.  I remember thinking that was strange.  I probably thought Wham was strange anyway.

Even then I associated the words Choose life, as being the call of anti-abortion groups.  I now realize that choosing life, goes well beyond whether to continue a pregnancy or not.  Choosing life for me has become a cry to not give up, to not lose hope, to continue to move forward in spite of all the odds seeming to be against me.

Choosing life as presented here was more about staying in relationship with God.  So I'll make that choice.  It means for me living my life the way God would have me live it.  It means saying no to things that draw me from that relationship. It means saying not to things that wish to make me afraid, bitter or cynical.

Choosing life for me means that I will always seek the good for all people, helping where I can and when I can.

Choosing life is the response I give in God giving me this life to live.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment