Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Reflection for June 23, 2015

"To declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night."(Psalm 92:2)

When I wake up in the morning I'm reminded of a steadfast love in my life, because usually lying next to me is Gail.  I'm thankful for that steadfast love and the gift that she is in my life.  I'm thankful for the health I have that when my feet hit the floor I'm ready to greet the day.  I'm thankful for the food I'll eat and the coffee I'll drink.  I may not articulate it but deep within it is there.  And of course a little later I do Morning Prayer.

By the end of the day I take stock of how things went.  Was I faithful in doing what I needed to do that day?  Did I sense God's faithful presence with me as I went about doing what needed to be done.  And of course I wrap it up with Evening Prayer.

Love and faithfulness are not things we can purchase.  We receive them freely and we offer them freely.  When we have them in our lives how very blessed we are. When we live fully into those words how much of a blessing we can be.

Blessings
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment