Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Reflection for June 30, 2015

"The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let everyone who hears say, “Come.” And let everyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who wishes take the water of life as a gift."(Revelation 22:17)

Being invited to things is always pleasing to me.  It says at a certain level what we are doing is important and we want you there.  That's why I like give as well as receive invitations.  There are parts of my life that I wish to share with others, my faith and my experience in church are examples o this. 

Of course my hope is that people who accept the initial invitation will catch the Spirit and will also invite others and so on and so on.  That's how a faith community grows through invitation.  That's how all relationships begin, someone offers an invitation and someone says yes.

The invitation to faith is an open invitation with no RSVP date.  And there are even gifts when you come.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment