Monday, June 29, 2015

Reflections for June 29, 2015

"And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb."(Revelation 21:23)

Well after 5 days with out electricity I can start blogging again.  I realize this is a first world problem and there are plenty of places around the globe who live just fine without it.

The funny thing is how losing the things you are dependent upon to make life "livable"  can really mess with your energy and your psyche.

But throughout this brief "powerless" span I certainly sensed that I was still walking and living in the light of God.  I noticed it in the fact that very little damage was done to my house or the church, and while there was significant damage to many in my area, no one was killed.  I sensed it in the way close friends invited us to stay with them so we could have access to electricity and get a good nights sleep.

Do I want to live without electricity and hot water again anytime soon? Definitely not.  But I know that as long as God is still living and incarnate in the loving kindness of others, I have no need of what gives artificial light to my life.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment