Monday, June 15, 2015

Reflection for June 15, 2015

"But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness."(Psalm 86: 15)

As a person of faith I have experienced the presence of God in my life.  Not in a physical way but more in the way I've generally been treated throughout my life.  I generally have experienced mercy.  I have personally experienced graciousness from others.  I have seen people not so quick to get angry and I've witnessed a steadfastness and faithfulness in many relationships.

True I've also seen and experienced personally the opposite as well. And in those times I don't experience God's presence. All of us have seen unmerciful acts, a lack of graciousness, a readiness to react in anger and double dealing and unfaithfulness in all sorts of ways.  And we know how evil that feels.

So when I try to live a godly, sober and righteous life I try to imitate these aspects of God.  My goal each day is to show mercy if needed. Graciousness even when I'm not being treated in that way.  To not make anger my default position, but save it for something worth the effort.  And to be as loyal to my friends and relationships. 

If that is how God has been towards me and what I hope for from others, I can do no less myself.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment