Monday, June 8, 2015

Reflection for June 8, 2015

"I know your works; you are neither cold nor hot.  I wish that you were either cold or hot."(Revelation 3:15)

Revelation is such a strange book.  I've been told it almost didn't make it in.  It get's used in bizarre ways as people try to see it as a prophecy that finally gets fulfilled in their own time.  Problem is that most of it is specific, like these comments to the 7 churches.  The 7th one Laodicea reminds me of many places.  They are reasonably comfortable, not on fire but not dead, just sort of being.  Lukewarm was the word used to describe them.

When I think about my own faith life it really hasn't been hot or cold just steady.  But the thought that lukewarm or that gray area might not be good enough gives me pause.

I suppose what I'd like to see is if I can know when to turn up the heat, and when to cool it down.  And in between those times to keep moving.

I hope I don't get spit out, but treading water isn't always an option.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment