Monday, June 22, 2015

Reflection for June 22, 2015

"On their hands they will bear you up, so that you will not dash your foot against a stone."(Psalm 91:12)

Most of us have heard of having a guardian angel.  Whether you believe that such a being exists for you personal protection is a matter of faith.  I'm not sure that I have something like "Charlie" from its a wonderful life, but I will say that there have been moments when something should have gone one way and went another, from a negative to a positive.

It certainly is within my belief system that as a beloved child of God, that I feel watched out for.  That doesn't mean that I live in 24 hour security or that I'm invited to engage in risky behavior. I'm not called to prove whether God is watching or not.

The other thing about this verse you will recall is that Satan uses it as part of his temptations of Christ.  And in there lies the warning.  When we use scripture and twist it to invite bizarre behavior we probably have missed the point.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment