Friday, June 19, 2015

Reflection for June 19, 2015

"Remember how short my time is for what vanity you have created all mortals!"(Psalm 89:47)

I'm now entering the last month and a half of my ministry here at Holy Trinity, my time here is truly short.  19.5 years doesn't seem short but in the grand scheme of things it is.  I try to use this ending time to the wrap things up, say my goodbyes well, and to start to prepare for the next thing.

I will cherish the "short time" that I've been privileged to be here. I have many happy memories, baptisms, weddings, Sunday worship, and of course the people. Even outside of church I will continue to remember this short time in my life, where I got to be a Scout leader, a coach and perhaps the chaplain to a town.

All of those memories are a little bit vain.  They are about me after all.  But we are created and put in a specific place for a specific time in order to do something that hopefully makes a positive impact.  Time and space will tell the story.  And no matter how many short times I have left, I hope they will be filled with joy, peace and health.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment