Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Reflection for June 9, 2015

"After this I looked, and there in heaven a door stood open. And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, 'Come up here and I will show you what must take place after this.'"(Rev. 4:1)

I'll have to admit that today as I went public with my news about being called to a new parish the idea of being shown what comes next feels appealing.  Granted what John saw in his vision would frighten most of us.

Actually I really don't want to know what comes next.  That would take the adventure out of it, that would ruin the surprises that will come along the way.  I know that a door stands open and over the next seven weeks I'll start heading towards that threshold.  I'm going back to a place that is familiar yet I'm sure different.  What I also know is that as a person with a deep faith that the voice calling me to come up is one I can trust, whose love for me knows no bounds. And while everything will reveal itself in its time, the God of surprises will not cause me hurt or harm and has equipped me to meet what lies ahead with joyful expectation.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment