Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Reflection for June 17, 2015

"But I, O Lord, cry out to you;  in the morning my prayer comes before you."(Psalm 88:13)

I've tried over a period of time to develop routines at least to start the day.  I find the morning routines are easier to maintain mainly because things can happen as the day goes on that might interfere with those routines.

I try to get to the gym in the morning and usually do.  But I have become very consistent with Morning Prayer.  Most of the major religions have time set aside for prayer.  For some it is at very specific times.  At least in my part of the body of Christ we don't get down to a specific hour but more a range of time, Morning, Noontime, Evening and Nighttime(compline).  As I said Morning Prayer is the one that I keep 7 days a week.  I've almost gotten Evening Prayer to that point as well. 

But I'll admit to liking Morning Prayer best.  It allows me that chance to get centered to pray for focus during the day and to bring myself fully into the day that lies ahead.

In reality the most important thing is that we find some time to come before God with our prayers.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment