Thursday, April 3, 2014

Reflection for 4/3/14

"Yes you are our glory and joy!"(1 Thessalonians 2:20)

What in your life our you most proud of?  When I think of moments of glory and joy there are times when I've accomplished things, but in reality my greatest glory and joy has been in my family and my church.

When I look at my sons, I feel proud of how they turned out.  Not perfect, because no one is, but decent human beings who care deeply for others, and who are respectful and hard working.  True they have their moments as we all do, but I have had more joy filled times with them.

The same can be said for my wife.  I feel great glory and joy in having someone in my life who cares about me, loves me for who I am.

And then there's my church.  I've known and led these people for 18 years.  More than half of their history as a church.  Are they the biggest church, hardly.  Yet I have had profound joy being their priest and glory in the way they reach out to others in the service of the Lord.

So I do get what Paul is talking about, glory and joy through the people we know and love.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment