Thursday, April 24, 2014

Reflection for April 24, 2014

"Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God,: for I shall praise him, my help and my God."(Psalm 42:11)

This coming Sunday is sometimes referred to as Low Sunday.  Low because attendance at church feels really low compared to the previous week.  While the Easter season continues for 50 days, the wow moment has passed. 

Honestly it has been a low week for me.  Not because of the energy being gone from Sunday, but for a variety of reasons, I've felt cast down all week.  It has been hard to return to a normal rhythm.  I've kept up with my Daily Office, gotten back to blogging, but have yet to make to the gym.

Truthfully there is just a feeling of cast down and disquiet.  I understand the psalmist mood.  I did get back to "work" today and I may still hit the gym at some point today, but definitely tomorrow.

There are just periods in our life, sometimes justified, where we feel cast down and disquieted inside of ourselves.  Hard to share with others or even be around them.  Sometimes we just need space.  I also find that when I've had enough of this that it is better to turn all of it over to God and return to a place of hope which can get me going again.

So we'll see what tomorrow brings.  But I'll keep hoping, keep praising and keep turning to the one I claim as my God.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment