Thursday, December 11, 2014

Reflection for December 11, 2014

"Jesse made seven of his sons pass before Samuel, and Samuel said to Jesse, "The Lord has not chosen any of these.'"(I Samuel 16:10)

Have you ever been trying to find the right person for you or perhaps the right job?  You keep looking but nothing seems to pan out.  In many ways it can feel like being one of the older sons of Jesse!  Why am I not the being chosen?  Doesn't anyone want me?  You might even be tempted to form a support group called the elder sons of Jesse!

But there is of course another way to look at it. That you are not one of the older sons of Jesse, but all those relationships that didn't pan out, all those jobs you didn't get are the older sons of Jesse.  They aren't what God has wanted for you, but there is still one out there.  And like Samuel we have to keep looking, listening and assessing until "David" finally arrives.

When I take that view I find that the disappointments are not so huge.  They still hurt and are frustrating, but I believe that God eventually sends the right person or the right opportunity to us.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment