Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Reflection for December 30, 2014

"The disagreement became so sharp that they parted company; Barnabas took Mark with him and sailed away to Cyprus."(Acts 15:39)

I don't know why I've been so fortunate but I have never had such a huge disagreement with someone that I could no longer be with them.  I certainly know that this happens to people.  Something gets said or done by one person and the other can no longer be with them.  They get to a place where it is better to go their separate ways.

We don't know if Paul and Barnabas ever reconciled.  We don't know if they talked negatively about the other.  We do know that both went on in their ministries. 

I certainly have lost touch with friends and colleagues in my life.  But never because I was mad at them or we could no longer see eye to eye.  I would hope that if such a moment should arise and that the best course of action would be to end the relationship and move on, I would do so continuing to respect the dignity of the person for whom I once worked with and cared for.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment