Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Reflection for December 2, 2014

They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and said to him, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.” (John 12:21)

Have you ever met someone famous?  Maybe you won back stage passes to meet some rock star.  Went to a book signing or had an audience with the Pope.  I haven't.

I wonder who I might ask to see, if given a choice of meeting someone famous?  Would I choose to meet Jesus in the way that these folks asked?  As a person of faith I hope to see Jesus face to face as I transition from this earthly pilgrimage into eternal life with those I love in Christ's presence.

But until that mid life crisis I call death, is it possible to see Jesus?  The answer of course is yes!
I might not see a physical person, but I will see glimpses of the presence of Christ in many ways each and every day.  I'll see Jesus in acts of compassion towards other people.  I will see Jesus when a bad situation turns around.  I will see Jesus when broken relationships are mended.  I will see Jesus when people who seem hopeless and downcast are being raised up.

But perhaps the real question is when I look in a mirror will I catch a glimpse of Jesus.  Will that face reveal the very things where I claimed I would recognize Christ?

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment