Saturday, March 8, 2014

"I will both lie down and sleep in peace;    for you alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety."(Psalm 4:8)

Tonight we turn our clocks forward an hour, thus loosing an hour of sleep, but tomorrow gaining more time with the sun out.  I'm trying to decide if I will go to bed an hour early since I still have to wake up when the clocks say 6 am, even if my body thinks it is only 5 am.

Whatever time I choose to lie down, I hope I can lay aside the cares of the day.  I know that not having a lot on my mind leads to a peaceful sleep.  The CPap machine also helps.

I feel safe in my bed, safe with my wife lying next to me. And feel the safety of the presence of God in my life.

When my mind is troubled the peaceful sleep doesn't come.  I've had a good run lately and I hope to maintain it.

Perhaps the key to this will be giving up the days dilemmas to God.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment