Thursday, March 6, 2014

Reflection for 3/6/14

" I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! "(2 Corinthians 11:1)

One of the things I committed myself to this Lent was to get back to writing these reflections. Why has it taken me this long to get back into the habit of writing, I really can't say.  My heart and head could never seem to get in unison and start writing.  I found other things to do.  

Were all of them productive?  Hardly.  Were all of them necessary? Some but not all.  As I reflect back on how I used my time, I'm amazed at how often I foolishly wasted time.

My hope for this Lent is to be more focused on things that truly matter and then reward myself with a little foolishness, a little wasting of time.

Has my foolishness had a price?  In the big picture not really.  Is there foolishness that can have dire consequences absolutely.

But perhaps in ordering my day a little better there will be time for some foolishness, some lighter hearted moments, but I will do so knowing that I've also accomplished much if not all of what I set forward to do that day.

So we'll see how this goes, I hope if you are a reader you'll bear with me and hold me accountable.


Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment