Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reflections for 3/25/2014

"Therefore my beloved, just as you have always obeyed me, not only in my presence, but much more now in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."(Philippians 2:12)

Figuring things out for ourselves is both a daunting and a freeing task at the same time.  I personally like to get advice from others when working through a problem or trying to come to a decision.  Of course ultimately what I do and how I go about doing it is my decision.

Often we get advice on how to do something but fail to process the information and make it applicable to ourselves.  We can be given the tools to do any activity but we need to figure out how we will utilize them.

When I think about working out my own salvation, my starting point is always my faith in Christ.  For all Christians this should be the starting point.  Where we go with that faith, how we live it out in relationship to ourselves and others is where the working of it comes in.

There's a reason no two Christians are completely the same.  We will respond to God's call in ways that are unique to us.  We will most likely hear and apply a biblical passage based on our own experience.

Do we have helpers and advisors along the way, of course.  But we are ultimately responsible for our own salvation and that can sometimes be quite overwhelming.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment