Friday, March 7, 2014

Reflections for 3/7/14

"Therefore, to keep[a] me from being too elated, a thorn was given to me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, to keep me from being too elated." (II Corinthians 12:7)

Is there something in your life that is nagging at you?  A part of your daily life that keeps you from being totally satisfied?  When I hear Paul talking about having a thorn given to him in the flesh, I get it. I can look into my own life and see actions, people, choices or circumstances that make it hard for me to be totally satisfied.
.
That's not to say that the thorn ruins everything.  It doesn't.  But it keeps me very much aware of how I fall short. And that there's very little I can do about it, but keep on keeping on.

Paul doesn't tell us what his thorn in the flesh is. Anyone who claims they know what it is is guessing.

The only thorns in the flesh we can know about and acknowledge are our own. What we can seek is the best way to live with them, since they apparently aren't going away.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment