Monday, May 5, 2014

Reflection for May 5, 2014

"The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit: a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."(Psalm 51:17)

To have one's spirit broken is not a good feeling.  When you've tried your best to no avail and just ready to give up.  There are times I've been in that place.  What I've found is that when I give that brokenness up to God, the weight of it disappears and with some time, I'm ready to begin to try again.  Hopefully I will have learned something from those failures while not taking on a defeatist attitude.

A broken heart.  We've all had those.  If you ever dated other people and had the relationship broken by the other person, you know that feeling.  If someone you love dies, you know that feeling.  If someone you care about in a non-romantic way just breaks off all contact, you know that feeling.
And again in those times that I've been there and had that feeling, it is offering the hurt up to God that binds up the wound.  Though in some cases it never fully heals, but we get back to a place of functioning and trust that allows us to offer our heart again.

God doesn't despise us when we are at our lowest points.  What I've found is that he waits for us to reach out to him in those moments.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment