Friday, May 9, 2014

Reflection for May 9,2014

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."(Hebrews 11:1)

I've liked this definition of faith for a long time.  I've had faith all my life, but for a long time defining it would have been tough, 

Faith is found in assurance, an optimism towards life, the will and presence of God in my life.  Faith is a positive.  Faith has an object and points towards a longing a hope.  Faith is not a wish.  When I hope for something I'm also invited into the working towards it.

Faith is a conviction a strongly held belief or even opinion.  Faith invites us to see beyond the measurable proofs of science.  Faith doesn't invite us to dismiss those proofs, but calls us to see truths that aren't provable.

Faith is still a practice you have to be striving for assurance, hope and conviction.  There will be times when those are hard to hold onto and yet because of faith I will.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment