Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Reflection for May 6, 2014

"Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord."(Jeremiah 17:7)

Trusting people is one of the things I try hardest to do.  I'm usually not disappointed and can't really recall ever having my trust violated.  If someone knows that you trust them, the hope would be that they are empowered to do what should be done.  They know you won't micromanage them.  Trusting others also frees us not to have to take care of everything. We can share the work that needs to be done.

Trusting in the Lord is like that.  When I trust in the Lord, it doesn't mean God has no expectations of me, but that God will be present with me as I go about doing the things God needs me to do.  It allows me to let go of things that I can't control or fix and trust God to take care of it.  I'm freed from the burden of having to do it all.

The other way to hear the word trust is like a trust fund.  Trust funds of course is money set aside to be used by a specific person for various needs that may pop up in life.  If our trust is the Lord, much like a trust fund, we can depend on it being there.  We can draw from God the sustenance we need.  We can return to God the abundance that we don't need. Perhaps allowing that trust to grow so that others may enjoy the fruit of it as well.

I hope that trust is something you have and that you give.  When we lose trust, our lives become poorer in many ways.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment