Thursday, May 8, 2014

Reflection for May 8, 2014

"For you need endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised."(Hebrews 10:36)

I've never been a distance runner.  I'm impressed by people who can seemingly just keep running. While my sport was wrestling, there was endurance involved, six minutes of wrestling can feel like and eternity, trust me.

There are many times in life that call for endurance.  That endurance can be physical, it can also be mental, it can also be spiritual.  Having to wait patiently to work through the obstacles in life, takes endurance for sure.

Endurance is supported of course by patience and a desire to see something to its fruition or its end.  When we tap into endurance and are doing something worthwhile, or "the will of God,". There is a sense of fulfillment in that. 

There have certainly been moments in my life, when I've just wanted to "throw in the towel.". Something however pushed me through, urged me on, gave me that last burst of energy.  I'll call it the Holy Spirit.  Endurance perhaps is one of those gifts of that same Spirit.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment