Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Reflections for 2/19/13

"For now we see in a mirror dimly,but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part, then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known."(1 Corinthians 13: 12)

One thing I know is that I don't know everything.  Yes there are some things that I do know. But each day I discover something new.  Perhaps it is an innate love for learning.  A truly liberal view of the world that believes the truth lies somewhere in between the extremes of both sides of an argument.

I certainly don't completely understand many things.  Truthfully I don't get Hawking's String Theory. I don't fully understand what motivates some people to say and do the things they do.  I also can be pleasantly surprised by the kindness and generosity that people can also show.

I know somethings intellectually about God and I also know things on a gut level as well.  I don't know everything about God, but what I do know is that I sense that I am known and loved and challenged by that God.

I hope that people know me well. That I'm consistent in how I treat others and what I expect of myself.

What do we know about ourselves, about those we love and God.   Most likely we know quite a bit, though not everything.  Can I keep myself open to learning more about myself, others and God.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment