Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reflections for 11/6/2013

"And I say, 'O  that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.'"(Psalm 55:6)

Have you ever just wanted to escape?  The pressures of job, family, or perhaps just being a human being are to a point where all you want to do is get away.

I know I have those moments.  I get a little envious when I see ads that tell me I can escape, hop on a plane and be relaxing on some beach.  The only obstacle to that for me is money, time and the fact that I really can't flee my family.

The psalmist didn't have ads for vacations to consider, but the writer understood that desire to flee when life was too much.  Birds do seem to have freedom and we can still watch them flying or the larger ones seeming to soar.  They don't seem to have a care in the world.  I'm sure they have their own issues, but they aren't mine.

Since I can't just flee from my problems and stresses I have to find other outlets.  The psalms are of course one place to read and understand that my feelings are not unique.  I of course can from time to time just step back from the situation, knowing of course that I will have to come back in sooner rather than later and deal with life.  And I can do this because I trust that if God can take care of the sparrows, doves and all the other creatures, then I can be assured of that care as well.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment