Friday, July 18, 2014

Reflection for July 18, 2014

"It is not fair to take the children's bread and feed it to the dogs.  She said 'Yes Lord , yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table."(Matthew 15:26-27)

Point, counter point.  How much life feels that way.  This is one of several classic conversations that Jesus gets into.  While I may not like the condescending tone that comes across in his reply to her initial request for help, her response is perfect.  Call me a dog if you want to, but I still need your help.

I love a snappy come back, especially when I get to give it.  But I also know that I've been just as likely to be on the receiving end of one, and had to, as a result, change my mind just like Jesus.

Sometimes to get what we need we have to be quick thinking.  And even if we've been treated in condescending manner, or just outright dismissed, when it's important we gotta keep coming.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment