Monday, July 21, 2014

Reflection for July 21, 2014

"For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a  mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."(Matthew 17:20)

I haven't ever considered telling mountains to move, at least not literally.  I certainly have had obstacles in my way that at first glance I thought were insurmountable.  It was at those moments that I had to tap into my faith. In doing so I've often found that what I thought was insurmountable was in fact nothing more than a speed bump along the way.

I don't need a huge faith to be able to do this.  Mustard seeds are very small.  It is tapping into that smallest of faith moments that bigger faith, energy and confidence sprout.

Jesus ends by saying that nothing will be impossible for me.  While that may be true, there are things I don't need to do.  Where I need to heed that compliment is in the things that I am called to do.  That help me fulfill my actual purpose.  And while I can name things that are currently impossible for me to do, eg. give birth,  I don't know that Jesus needs me to do that.  But in those places where I should be attempting the seemingly impossible, I need to start believing.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment